From the IRB:
"Dear Union Colleague,
I am delighted to inform you of an exciting new IRB web based product which goes live today. The new site www.irblaws.com is an interactive website which teaches and tests the Laws of the game. We are convinced that this tool will revolutionize Rugby Law education.
The key features are:
- 7 language options: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese & Russian
- All compliant with 2009 Laws as approved by IRB Council on the 13th May.
- Hundreds of video clips to illustrate the laws
- Animations to support learning
- Videos to illustrate all Referee and Assistant Referee signals
- Self-test capability which covers:
- All 22 laws
- 7's and Under 19 variations
- Referee signals
- Video tests
- The test can be taken over multiple visits to the site
- On completion users can download an awareness certificate
- Access to the site is free to everyone
- Registration is only required when users want to undertake the tests
- We can provide Unions with regular reports on who has passed the test and who has started
- All IRB licensed Trainers and Educators will receive a DVD to use on courses when internet is unavailable.
The new site will go live at 1100 BST on Tuesday 26th May. Please do go and try it out.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me
International Rugby Board"